Reporter, WCHS/WVAH-TV, Charleston WV • 03/13 – Present
- Conduct research, interview sources, write, shoot b-roll, edit packages for multiple platforms, read current events and engage in social networking.
- Write, produce, edit and serve at talent for weekly Behind The Kitchen Door segment, which informs viewers how restaurants fared during their health inspection.
- Create content for Taisha’s Table, a food related blog on the station’s website.
Reporter/ Anchor/ Producer, KOTA-TV, Rapid City, SD • 09/10 – 02/13
- Stacked rundowns, wrote and edited national and international stories, ordered graphics and proofread scripts to minimize technical errors for the noon, 5:30 P.M. and 10:00 P.M. newscasts.
- Conducted research, interviewed sources, wrote, shot b-roll, edited packages for multiple platforms and social networked.
- Co-anchored the weekend 10 P.M. newscasts, fill-in anchored for KDUH-TV, the sister station in Scottsbluff, Nebraska.
Intern, NBC NIGHTLY NEWS, Washington, D.C. • 07/08 – 08/08
- Assisted Investigative Correspondent Lisa Myers with an in-studio interview, logging and selecting sound bites as well as transcribing Senate and Congressional hearings.
- Conducted in-depth research for the “Liar Loan” investigation, which exposed Countrywide Financial Corporation and multiple U.S. Senators for their involvement in shady lending practices.
Producer Intern, WSTM-TV/NBC 3, Syracuse, NY • 01/08 – 04/08
- Line-produced the C-block of the evening newscast by providing time cues to the weathercaster to ensure adequate show pacing while concurrently communicating with the technical director.
- Stacked rundowns, wrote and edited national and international stories, ordered graphics and proofread scripts to minimize technical errors for a smooth running newscast.
Reporter/ Producer, WSYR-TV/DIGITAL 890, Syracuse, NY • 09/07 – 05/08
- Co-produced multiple 30-minute magazine shows including an award-nominated sports show on Ernie Davis.
- Interviewed sources, wrote and edited multiple long-format packages for a weekly public affairs program that reflected the concerns and views of Syracuse residents.
Reporter Intern, WBNG-TV/CBS 12, Binghamton, NY • 09/07 – 12/07
- Acquired unique storytelling techniques through writing national and international headlines, teases and voice-overs.
- Conducted interviews with sources, shot b-roll and proofread rundowns to minimize grammatical and technical errors.
Sales Assistant – FOX STATIONS SALES, Atlanta, GA • 08/06 – 06/07
Promotions/Production Intern – CW ATLANTA, Atlanta, GA • 09/05 – 11/05
Emma Bowen Scholar – WCBS-TV, New York, NY • 05/02 – 08/05
Blogger, TAISHALWALKER.COM, Rapid City, SD • 05/10 – present
- Enterprise story ideas, interview sources, research, write and edit stories that reflect the views of people nationally and globally.
Master of Science in Broadcast Journalism – S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse, NY (2008)
Highlight: Co-produced an award nominated show, Magna Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Media Arts/Television Production – Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA (2006)
Highlight: Voted Best Producer, Magna Cum Laude
Equipment– Field/studio cameras, DVC Pro, Beta, Mini DV, linear and non-linear editing
Software– ENPS, iNews, AP Newscenter, Pathfire, Final Cut Pro, Avid and Adobe Premiere
National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ)
The Emma L. Bowen Foundation
Volunteer, Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central West Virginia